This is a short journal of my journey through as many countries in Europe, 1 man and his motorbike!

Sunday, July 30, 2006





Right then.

Today I have been mostly riding my bike. 820km from Nordkapp the most northern point in mainland Europe to Jokkmokk in Sweden.

After leaving Helsinki I travelled to Kalajoki on the west coast of FInland, camped on the beach. the sun didn't really set. The following day I travlled to lake Inari in Northern Finland and again no darkenss, bloody clod mind 2C. Last night was spent in Kirkporten, the northern most campsite in the world, I walked (90mins) to the end of Europe to watch the midnight sun not even dip below the horizon and walked back at 2am this morning still broad daylight. Nearly hit a heard of reindeer today, I think I would have come of worse as they are pretty big and just plod across the road.

Going to cook up some pasta surprise...... again! no darkness again tonight, it is messing my sleeping up a little.

Can't upload pictures at the moment but should be able to in Germany, where I need to get new tires and a service.

So far over 85 hours of riding and and nearly 5,500 miles, only another 12,000 to go!

Right pictures this time bottom to top.

Lake Inari, Northern Finland, 11.30pm. Potential Road kill!! Midnight sun (well its more like 1am). NordKapp.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

5'500 miles! You need a diesel matey! Glad you are updating this thing regularly and I hope you're not too 'saddle-sore'!

Get some pics up, maybe of some blonde scandinavian lovelies for the boys??

7:56 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude....Give us some ladies!!!!!

Or are you the only gay in europe?????

Seriously though your trip sounds amazing mate. Your experiences are giving me some more places to add to my must visit before i die list!!

Stay safe

8:35 am

 
Blogger Jody said...

Oi, you lot are dirty perves, i can't just go snapping the lovely ladies and not get thrown in some scandinavian jail.

Woodey glad to her the operation went well, how long is it now??

6:50 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo !!!
Tu as atteind le cap Nord !

9:30 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free web counters
VisionDirect.com